Scientific Coordination: Federica Balluchi, Francesca Cabiddu, Francesco Ciampi, Maria Colurcio, Katia Corsi, Giuseppe D’Onza, Elona Marku, Barbara Masiello, Ludovica Moi, Ludovica Principato, Elita Schillaci, Lucrezia Songini, Maryia Zaitsava
In an ever-changing world, the indispensable role of business in disseminating a culture based on sustainability is well established. In this context, the issue of sustainability in its social and environmental dimensions is a key factor in addressing ‘grand challenges’ such as poverty, social inclusion, inequality, pollution and climate change. Among the various sustainable solutions, social innovation can create significant impact and shared value in tackling complex and systemic issues, as recent studies show that businesses and organisations need to collaborate with different actors from the private, public and non-profit sectors. Hence the need for a change also in the management approach by implementing governance systems and planning and control mechanisms based on the new integrative management logic of the three dimensions of sustainability.
Type of paper expected
Contributions in this track may use different theoretical perspectives and research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative. The use of innovative approaches is encouraged to deepen the understanding of the topics covered and aspects of business strategy, entrepreneurship and organisational theories.
Suggested topic areas
In order to fuel the debate on this important topic among business scholars, the track aims to collect contributions focusing on the following topics:
• How corporate communication can foster value sharing?
• How does the logic of integrated thinking affect management control systems?
• How to define new business models for sustainable value creation?
• How do Diversity and Inclusion concepts influence new product development?
• Which governance systems for the creation of ‘shared value’?
• How to develop new inclusive marketing strategies to implement conscious consumption models?
• What are the main drivers of social innovation and how do they create value in relation to major global challenges?
• How can collaboration between stakeholders drive social innovation and create value?
• What are the good practices for social innovation and what can companies and organisations learn from them?
• Which technologies favour sustainable development?
• What strategies and practices to support climate change?
Possibility of publication
The best contributions will be fast-tracked to the following journals, respecting the usual refereeing process:
• Synergy Italian Journal of Management
• Management Control